Baked Beans Spread - A Gourmet Easy Appetizer
The baked beans spread is an easy to make appetizer but requires some advance preparation, like soaking the beans overnight. It is a delicious traditional romanian food.
Baked Beans Spread - Easy Appetizer Recipe
Cooking time: about 2 hours
Makes: 6 servings
- half pound white beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Wash the beans and cover them with water in a large pot. Let it soak overnight (if not possible it should be left in the water for at least 3-4 hours).
- Boil the water for 2-3 minutes and then drain the beans. Fill the pot again with warm water and bring it to boil. Then add 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 parsley root and simmer for 2 hours (or until the beans are very soft). Add at the end 3 bay leaves.
- Drain the beans again but not completely: Leave in about 1 cup worth of water. Remove the carrot, the parsley root, the onion and the bay leaves and beat the beans with the mixer. Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 smashed garlic cloves. Season with salt and paprika.
- Finely slice 2 onions and fry them in olive oil until they became brown.
- Put the bean spread into a bowl and decorate on top using the fried onion.