Here is a very easy bruschetta sandwiches recipes that you can make for breakfast or as an appetizer for a dinner or a party. The recipe requires no cooking and it is ready in minutes.
Bruschetta sandwiches - An Easy Appetizer Recipe
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 3 tomatoes
- 8 bread slices (white or whole wheat - baguettes can also be used and split halfway)
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese (about the size of your bread slices)
- 1 small red onion (white is also OK, but usually the red onion has a sweeter taste)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, or parsley, or dill, or basil)
- salt and olive oil for seasoning.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and onion and mix with your favorite finely chopped fresh herb. I personally like cilantro, parsley, dill or basil. You should try them all for a diversity of flavors.
- Season the mixture with a bit of salt, and a bit of olive oil.
- If desired, lightly toast the bread.
- Make the sandwich by adding the mozzarella cheese slice on top of the bread, then some mixture uniformly spread.
- Arrange on a serving plate.