Sweet Cheese Crepes
Would you like a perfect finish for that special dinner? Sweet cheese crepes are an elegant dessert that is sure to WOW your guests. The sweet cheese crepes recipe is based on our basic crepes recipe with a special filling based on sweet cheese and raisins. You must try this! It is fantastic!
Not the sweet cheese crepes recipe you are looking for? Try also our classic cream cheese filled crepes recipe.
Sweet Cheese Crepes Recipe (similar with Cheese Blintzes)
Cooking time: about 1 hour 20 minutes ( preparation:10 minutes, baking: 55 minutes , filling: 15 minutes)
Makes: 4 servings
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch of salt
3-4 tablespoons of oil (olive oil recommended)
- Crepes batter: Mix the flour with the eggs, milk and salt (easier with a mixer).The obtained batter should be as thin as heavy cream. If not thin enough add a little bit more milk.
- Let the composition rest for at least half an hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of olive oil, on medium high.
- Pour a small ladle of composition to cover the pan entirely (Tilt the pan as needed).
- Flip the crepe with a wide wooden or plastic spatula when it begins to brown slightly on one side (about a minute - check by slightly raising an edge with a wide knife to peak on the other side).
- Let the crepe brown slightly on the other side (usually it makes brown spots)
- Invert the pan on the serving plate to release the crepe on the plate
- Put another teaspoon of oil in the pan and proceed with the next crepe.
- 7 ounces farmers' cheese (you can also use cream cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces raisins
- sour cream
- 3-5 drops vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- Mix the cheese with 4 tablespoons sour cream, raisins, and vanilla. Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons sugar and add to the creamy cheese.The composition should be creamy enough to be easily spread on the crepes. If not creamy enough you can add more sour cream.
- Fill each crepe with the mixture, by putting a spoonful of mixture along a center line (diameter) of the crepe. Fold in the ends and then roll the crepe around the mixture.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the crepes in layers in the baking pan and top each one with sour cream.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with convectioners' sugar and serve very warm.