Lamb soup (Ciorba de Miel)- A Romanian Sour Soup Recipe
In Romania, you cannot have Easter without lamb soup! This sour soup is once again an explosion of celebration of new herbs coming to life in spring. It is delicious and healthy. I hope you will enjoy it too.
Lamb sour soup recipe - Ciorba de Miel
Cooking time:1 hour
Makes: 6-8 servings
- lamb: neck, head and ribs
- 1-2 bunches green fresh onion
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1-2 small bunches green chard
- 1 egg
- sour cream
- 3-5 tablespoons rice
- Cut the lamb meat into small-medium pieces.
- Bring to a boil the lamb meat in 8 cups of water seasoned with salt. Simmer for 15 minutes foaming frequently.
- Add the rice and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Chop the onion, parsley and green chard and add them into the broth.
- Beat an egg with 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream and mix with some broth.
- Season with apple vinegar (or lemon juice).
- Serve hot with a hot pepper on the side.