This is the basic pandispan recipe, which can be used as is. to bake a very light sponge cake, or can be used as layers for a rich chocolate or coffee cream cake. Also the basic pandispan recipe is used to bake other light and refreshing cakes such as fruit cakes and King's sweet bread cake.
Pandispan recipe (PANDISPANJE)
Cooking time: 40 minutes (preparation: 10 minutes; baking: 30 minutes)
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
Makes: 12 servings
- Beat the egg whites with the mixer until they become a stiff foam.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar at a time and beat more.
- Add the yolks one by one and mix slowly, then the flour - one tablespoon at a time - and mix slowly with ample movements.
- Grease a non-stick tray with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Pour the composition in the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven and bake the composition at medium heat (375 F) for 30 minutes ( until a toothpick poked in the middle of the tray comes out clean).